Thursday, May 3, 2012

Beautiful Mother's Day Brunch


For Mother's Day it's been a tradition to have a nice brunch at our house and then to head to a nearby family-owned Rhodedendron garden. I'm feel some mixed emotions this year because we no longer live in our family home in a small country town, but moved to a tiny condo last October. I have some health issues that make it tough for me to hold big family events at our place anymore because I get this overwhelming fatigue after I try to do too much .... which I'm known to do. I'm thinking that this year we'll go out for brunch and, in keeping with tradition, squeeze in a visit to the Rhody gardens. :)

The photos above are of a lovely Mother's Day brunch put on by the team of Sunday Suppers. Their menu sounds delicious! They offered Arugula Salad with Mango + Panko fried Goat Cheese, Croque Monsieur French Toast, Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Butter and Parmesan AND for dessert (don't ever forget dessert!) they had Berries with Citrus and Vanilla Mascarpone. Oh yum!  

What are YOUR plans for Mother's Day this year?

7 comments:

  1. it looks a delicious and perfect meal!!
    this mother's day, unfortunately i will not meet my mum (we are 2500km far away) but we could spent some days in Lisbon last week, which was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always heard that Lisbon is beautiful! Lucky you, Ariadna!

      I'm still your Mom will be happy to just hear your voice on the phone. :-)

      Delete
  2. Vicki, your plans for Mother's day sounds lovely. I'm sure you'll have a great time together...after all the most important thing is spending time with the ones you love.

    The pictures are truly inspiring and the meal sounds delicious! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karin! So nice to hear from you! Hope all is well with you. :-)

      I totally agree about Mother's Day. I hope yours is extra special. Hugs!

      Delete
  3. The food looks tasty!!Looks like you really enjoy your time!Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, I experienced this problem with an earlier version of Opera - I don't know if this is still an issue with this browser, but if you're using Opera, it could be the reason?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter and I ordered a dress from Doll House which was to be custom made. I placed the order on a Monday and was surprised to get a phone call the following Monday to say the dress had arrived it only took eight 8 days. I took the dress home and when I put the dress on my daughter, I realized that had just altered the dress (in store) and found pins still in the side seams. I was so disgusted with their lie when confronted they would not talk to me or acknowledge what they had done. To all you mum’s out there DON’T BUY FROM DOLL HOUSE.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki