Thursday, June 14, 2012

Artist Feature ~ Landon Metz


You know, I draw and paint with pen & ink and watercolor from time to time, but I don't do it often because I'm kind of a perfectionist and I like to put a lot of detail in my drawings and paintings.  Seeing Landon Metz work makes me realize that simple can be beautiful!  I would hang any one of these paintings in my home.

Are you like me and find yourself in a creative rut because you have high expectations for yourself when it comes to your art work?  How do you get yourself out of that perfectionist mindset?
 

3 comments:

  1. I try to remind myself every time again that it's the process that's important and that it's the actual doing that I enjoy, not the end result. But it's hard, I admit. I tend to be a perfectionist way too much myself too.

    Love that work above. It would be a good reminder to let go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing that, Karin. :) That's a reminder that I definitely needed!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Karin! I also try to remind myself that this is all about 'learning by doing' - which basically means that one has to dive in, make mistakes and learn from them. And if you're not happy with the result this time, it doesn't mean that it won't turn out better or even great the next time you try! At least this is what I try to tell myself, but I'll admit it's a bit hard =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki