Friday, July 20, 2012

A Perfect Summer Day


Happy Friday! This photo was taken by the talented Carl Christensen. To me it represents the perfect Summer day .... sunshine, blue skies, bright flowers blowing in the warm breeze. If you want to start your weekend out right, pay a visit to his Etsy shop.  It's overflowing with even more beauty, color, and whimsy.

I'll see you here on Monday (I'll be announcing my new daily themes then)!  xo

P.S.  After writing this post I heard the news about the sad events that took place today in Aurora, Colorado.  Sigh...I'm so sorry for the suffering of these innocent people at the hands of one man.  My heart goes out to the victims and to their family and friends.

6 comments:

  1. That is a lovely photograph indeed. And especially at times like this it is good to be positive and hopeful, with beautiful pictures of summertime, don't you think? X Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki!

    I found your blog while browsing through a blogging book in Barnes and Noble, that listed you as one of Bloggers Inspirational Blogs. And I have to agree...your blog is absolutely lovely - great design, stunning photos, and just an overall welcoming and comfortable feel. Well done! I will stop back.

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ron ... that's really kind of you to let me know. :) It's always so nice to get positive feedback.

    Can I ask if you remember the name of the book? I'd love to see it!

    Have a great weekend and I'll look forward to seeing you again. :)

    ~ Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I'm so sorry I didn't mention the title of the book in my previous comment. It's called, "Blogging For Creatives" by Robin Houghton. I found it at Barnes & Noble.

      It's a great book. And congrats on being mentioned!

      Delete
  4. No problem, Ron. Thanks for letting me know! I remember now that the author had asked permission to put a screen shot of my blog in her book. I didn't realize it was on shelves yet.

    You have a great blog yourself! I'll drop by and comment soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful photo! All the prettiness of summer without the humidity and the heat ;-) I need to hunt down that blog book...sounds very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. Your thoughts, opinions, and ideas are important to me!

~ Vicki